Largo Bruno Pontecorvo 3, 56127 Pisa – Italy
Phone: +39 050 221 3169
Fax. +39 050 221 2726
Room: 287 DE
- I’m a member since 2010 of the Parallel Programming Models Group at the Computer Science Department of the University of Pisa.
- I’m a member since 2017 of the European Network of Excellence HiPEAC: High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation.
- In 2018, I obtained the Italian National Scientific Qualification (ASN in Italian) for the role of Associate Professor both in Computer Engineering (ING-INF/05) and in Computer Science (INF/01).
Unique Identifier: ORCID
Massimo Torquati’s Main Research Interests
High-level tools and languages for programming multi/many-cores and distributed heterogeneous systems.
Autonomic computing and QoS
High-performance Data Stream Processing
- Concurrent Data Structures and Concurrency Control algorithms
- Parallel programming models (pattern-based, actor-based, data-flow, …)
- Software Distributed Shared Memory and in-memory File Parallel Systems
- Invited Speaker at Huawei Paris Research Center, Septermber 2019
“Building new parallel DSLs by using a reduced set of parallel components“
- IEEE Transactions in Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC) Journal Special Section on “New Trends in Parallel and Distributed Computing for Human Sensible Applications” Ed(s) F. Leporati, D. D’Agostino, A. Plaza, and M. Torquati
- Italian Workshop on Parallel and High Performance Computing Technologies (ITWSHPC19), September 5th, Bologna Italy
- Auto-DaSP 2019 Workshop co-located with Euro-Par 2019
- Keynote Talk at PDP 2019 conference
“Designing a RISC set of Parallel Building Blocks for parallelism exploitation on multi-cores“
- FastFlow 3: new release. Dowload it from GitHub (master branch).
- Euro-Par 2018: 24th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Turin, Italy, August 29-31, 2018.
- Parallel Computing Journal Special Issue on “Data Stream Processing in HPC Systems: new frameworks and architectures for high-frequency streaming” Ed(s) M. Aldinucci, V. Cardellini, G.Mencagli and M. Torquati