Largo Bruno Pontecorvo 3, 56127 Pisa – Italy
Phone: +39 050 221 3169
Fax. +39 050 221 2726
Room: 287 DE
- Member of the CINI HPC-KTT National Laboratory
- Member of the EOSC Task Force on Infrastructure for Quality Research Software
- In 2018, I obtained the Italian National Scientific Qualification (ASN in Italian) for the role of Associate Professor both in Computer Engineering (ING-INF/05) and in Computer Science (INF/01).
- Since 2017 I’ve been a member of the European Network of Excellence HiPEAC: High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation.
- Since 2010 I’ve been a member of the Parallel Programming Models Group at the Computer Science Department of the University of Pisa.
Unique Identifier: ORCID
Massimo Torquati’s Main Research Interests
High-level tools and languages for programming multi/many-cores and distributed heterogeneous systems.
Autonomic computing and QoS
High-performance Data Stream Processing
- Concurrent Data Structures and Concurrency Control algorithms
- Parallel programming models (pattern-based, actor-based, data-flow, …)
- Software Distributed Shared Memory
- In-memory Parallel File Systems
- System Software for HPC
- Distributed-memory FastFlow Building Blocks. We are working hard to have a unique programming model for both shared- and distributed-memory systems in FastFlow. Take a look at the DistributedFF branch of the FastFlow project.t
- Euro-Par 2022: 28th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- PDP 2022: 30th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing
- CINI HPC Key Technologies & Tools (HPC-KTT) laboratory was born in March 2021
- Italian Workshop on Parallel and High-Performance Computing Technologies (ITWSHPC19), September 5th, Bologna Italy
- Auto-DaSP 2019 Workshop co-located with Euro-Par 2019
- Keynote Talk at PDP 2019 conference (February 2019)
“Designing a RISC set of Parallel Building Blocks for parallelism exploitation on multi-cores” Slides
- FastFlow 3: new release. Download it from GitHub (main branch).